Auteur Topic: Forced to sell my PC800  (gelezen 119 keer)

Offline MarkCamara

• Komt net kijken
    • Bekijk profiel
Forced to sell my PC800
« Gepost op: dinsdag 06 december 2022, 15:42 uur »
Sorry for English, but I don't speak Dutch.

I have what I was told is 1991 PC800 with about 46K mile that I bought in in June 2023 and immediately replaced the tires w/ Bridgestones and replace the front fork seals.  I also added a rear rack made in Ukrainia, a used Givi top box w/ backrest, a small windscreen deflector to reduce buffeting, and a Ram Mount phone/GPS holder.  It runs and rides perfectly and has all of the original plastic (with a few scratches etc., as one might expect for a 30+ year old bike)

I love this bike, but will be moving to New Zealand in April or May. I planned to take it with me, but it turns out that NZ only allows the importation of motorcycles without ABS brakes that were first registered before 1 January 1990 in any country, and mine was first registered in June, 1991, so doesn't qualify.

I had previously posted about trading it for an earlier model that met this requirement, but it turns out that this isn't possible :-[.  I would consider a trade (plus cash) for something similar that does qualify (Deauville, Pan European/ST 1100?   Goldwing?)

As I said, I paid euro 1200 and spent a fair bit on the the tires, seals, rack, topbox etc., so euro 1500 seems fair to me.

The bike is in Rhenen.

Photos on MarktPlaats at:   https://www.marktplaats.nl/seller/view/m1929998548

You can email me directly at:  mark.d.camara@gmail.com or phone  064 843 0237

Offline Pim Breebaart

• mag verkopen
    • Bekijk profiel
Re: Trade 1991 PC800 for earlier model?
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: donderdag 08 december 2022, 01:56 uur »
Hey Marc,
In holland are no PC800 registered before de 1st of januari 1990.
the first imports in holland are model 1989 and they became mid 1990 in holland.

P.S. there is no 1991 model of PC800